TUPD Contact Number - 215-204-1234
Temple University employs more than 130, sworn Pennsylvania certified police.
- Each officer has received state-mandated recruit training at an accredited police academy.
- Officers attend regular in-service training and annual updates to ensure compliance with state standards. Training modules include certification in C.P.R. and the use of Automated External Defibrillators.
- Personnel receive training to sharpen the skills needed to work within our diverse campus community.
- Since 2004 Temple University Police officers have taken part in the Active Shooter program, a nationally acclaimed course that teaches all police personnel tactics for responding to this type of scenario.
- Specialized units, such as our investigative unit, hazardous device team and Honor Guard enhance our services.
- Our special services unit promotes risk reduction initiatives and provides victim advocacy support.
- We maintain a collaborative network with the Philadelphia Police Department as well as other state and local law enforcement agencies.